[12U] Unable to auto start jar inside a jail

Num3

Cadet
Hello all,
I am a noob of Truenas, and have only been messing around with it for the last few days.
The only thing stopping me from migrating to this great server is the fact i am not able to launch a jetty web server jar inside a jail.

I downloaded the jar into the ~ directory (default) and tried to run it from there.

I made a new rc script inside /etc/rc.d and it fires well from the console, but it does not launch after a restart or boot.
I also tried creating a rc.d directory inside /usr/local/etc and copied the script into it (now i can do service telemetria start|stop), but still no auto start.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

. /etc/rc.subr

name="telemetria"
rcvar=telemetria_enable

start_cmd="${name}_start"
stop_cmd="${name}_stop"

load_rc_config $name

telemetria_start()
{
    echo "Starting ${name}"
    cd ~/./ && nohup /usr/local/bin/java -jar ~/./Telemetria.jar > ~/./nohup.txt &
    echo "Started!"
}

telemetria_stop()
{
  pid=$(pgrep java)
  echo "Killing pid: ${pid}"
  kill $pid
}
run_rc_command "$1"

Can someone help me?
I think the problem is path or permissions related, is there any log i can check for that?

Thanks!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

Num3

Cadet
If you can manually start it, it's probably just a question of handling the telemetria_enable=YES sysrc variable in your script to start it automatically.

Look at one of the examples here:
https://www.truenas.com/community/r...darr-lidarr-jackett-transmission-organizr.58/ (for example Sonarr has an RC file)
Thanks for your reply,

I have already executed telemetria enable | enabled and can confirm telemetria_enable="YES" is present on /etc/rc.conf and /usr/local/etc/rc.conf.
:\ , so there's is something else going on

sretalla