11.3 Unstable smb share access from AD

tonci

Dabbler
Hello to all,
I've just successfully joined 11.3 freenas to AD, and sometimes I can access it via \\IP via \\hostname via \\hostname.local-ad-doman and sometimes there is no access at all. I'm about to switch from win2012r2 file share to freenas as company main file server , but I'm not sure that it will be permanently accessible ...
Sometimes I can access it from win2012r2 server and not from win10pro , and sometimes the other way around .
Accessing from win7 to \\freenashostname was succesfull, but after I tried \\IP then there was no access at all for every way \\hostname \\IP \\fqdn ... It has not recovered till now ... Still there is no access from this win7 workstation
In case of inaccessibility there is window appearing that says "you do not have permission to access this resources ..."
wbinfo command show all AD users/groups correctly etc...
This decision to switch to freenas from win2012r2 was made because of zfs file system (zfs replication and snapshots) but I do not think this is stable enough (its sharing at least) ...

Should I maybe switch back to 11.2-U8 ? ... Upgrading to 11.3-U1 is still not an option because of timestamp preserving problem ....

Any suggestions will be very appreciated

Thank you in advance
BR
Tonci

Last edited: