11.2-u7 smb guest access on fresh/clean install (cant access)

SMnasMAN

Contributor
I have a clean test install of 11.2-u7 (brand new), i create a volume , then add a SMB share to that volume (dataset really) and check off "allow guest access" + "apply default permissions"

however when i browse to the share from a windows10 PC, i see the share, but when i click it i get the "cannot access this share" message in windows.
(same result with a win7 PC)

There are only 2 ways ive been able to fix/get around this (either ONE of the two below works)

1- services->SMB->config-> change the guest account from default "nobody" to "root" and restart service
OR
2- storage-> click dataset -> change permissions -> change "owner (group)" from wheel TO "nobody"

What is the right way to enable public access on a new/fresh dataset? (i know in the past on pre ~11.2u4 Freenas installs you did not have to do all this, rather you only had to check off "allow guest access" + "apply default permissions" , and then the share was accessible from windows clients.

(im guessing this maybe has something to do with this from changelog:
Code:
This means that world is no longer being granted read privileges by default on newly created SMB shares. If you need to add “read” to “world” on a newly-created dataset, you can run the command:

setfacl -m everyone@:rxaRc:fd:allow /mnt/path/to/dataset

thanks