SOLVED 11.1U2 upgrade - Node.js disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

apwiggins

Dabbler
Noticed that one of my jails was complaining about missing Node.js. This led me to look at the FreeNAS host where I recently did an upgrade from 11.1U1 to 11.1U2. I don't normally poke around in the command line in FreeNAS, so just some gentle queries to find out what might be ailing this box.

Code:
root@freenas2:~ # pkg update
Updating local repository catalogue...
pkg: Repository local load error: access repo file(/var/db/pkg/repo-local.sqlite) failed: No such file or directory
pkg: file:///usr/ports/packages/meta.txz: No such file or directory
repository local has no meta file, using default settings
pkg: file:///usr/ports/packages/packagesite.txz: No such file or directory
Unable to update repository local
Error updating repositories!
root@freenas2:~ # ls /var/db/pkg
local.meta	  local.sqlite
root@freenas2:~ #
uname -a
FreeBSD freenas2.local 11.1-STABLE FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE #0 r321665+de6be8c8d30(freenas/11.1-stable): Tue Feb 20 02:38:09 UTC 2018

Did some searching through threads and came across this one which isn't promising:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/pkg-install-errors-in-jail.35350/

Just to be clear, the main problem seems to be with the FreeNAS host after the upgrade from 11.1U1 to 11.1U2.

Some promise:
Code:
root@freenas2:~ # pkg info | wc -l

Is there any way that I can recreate the repo-local?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlavigne

To clarify: don't run the pkg commands on freenas itself, only in jails.

What exact error are you getting in the jail?

apwiggins

Dabbler
To clarify: don't run the pkg commands on freenas itself, only in jails.

What exact error are you getting in the jail?

For my post above, pkg commands were run on the host. OK, so when running inside the jail itself, the package manager seems to work. So, things like pkg update and pkg upgrade are functional.

Thanks for the tip. Since I don't usually poke around at this level in FreeNAS, I had assumed that pkg should be done on the host first so that the jails could take advantage of updates on the host.

Inside the jail, I'm getting this error in SickRage:
Code:
AA EnvironmentError: Missing Node.js runtime. Node is required. Please read the cfscrape README's Dependencies section: https://github.com/Anorov/cloudflare-scrape#dependencies.
AA raise requests_exception

Mike amrijo

Cadet
this is marked as solved but i don't see a solution? I'm geting the same error in my sickrage as well. I cant seem to figure out how to install the node.js pkg doesnt seem to h
ave it.

apwiggins

Dabbler
Mike...you will need to update the node binaries inside the jail and not on the host as I originally tried to do.

The following should help:
Code:
jls
jexec x tcsh # where x is the jail ID
pkg update
pkg upgrade
pkg install node # if node not already installed

danb35

Hall of Famer
pkg update
pkg upgrade
...and for the sake of posterity, this is redundant--a simple pkg upgrade will suffice. It isn't like apt which requires separate action to update its database, and then to install new versions of installed packages.

apwiggins

Dabbler
...and for the sake of posterity, this is redundant--a simple pkg upgrade will suffice. It isn't like apt which requires separate action to update its database, and then to install new versions of installed packages.
Thanks danb35. The freebsd man page advises to do an update as a best practice first (similar to apt), but not typically necessary. Seems like a bit of 'belt-and-suspenders', but either approach works.

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi....0-RELEASE+and+Ports&arch=default&format=html
Code:
	 It is best practice to ensure your package repository catalogues are up
	 to date before doing any package installation (via pkg-install(8)) or
	 upgrades (via pkg-upgrade(8)).  However, explicitly running pkg update is
	 not normally necessary.  By default invoking either of pkg install or pkg
	 upgrade will cause repository catalogues to be updated automatically,
	 unless disabled by setting REPO_AUTOUPDATE to false in pkg.conf(5).

Mike amrijo

Cadet
thank you!
i had gone in to the jail directly but that didnt work. I had to use the commands to get there and run the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.