10GBASE-T Adapter Freenas (Thread Locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majerus

Contributor
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/10gbase-t-adapter-freenas.28495/

I could just be an idiot I suppose, but where is the sticky for 10Gb adapters as referenced by Cyberjock? Also why lock threads immediately following an answer, how does that help anyone? Perhaps provide a link that way, when someone googles "10GB base t freenas" they will have info instead of being frustrated by lack of references. (thus eliminating "There is already a forum sticky on various 10Gb adapters. There is no reason to ask for info that is already clearly provided" ) It seems like a lot of posts around here end in the same manner which is frustrating.

freenas_zpsun5l2vvp.jpg

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
"10 Gig networking primer" in the "Help & Support -> Networking" section...

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I didn't provide the link because I wanted two things to happen:

1. I wanted you to take a look at our sticky list while trying to resolve your problem. I'm betting there are plenty of other outstanding topics that you may ask questions on that we've discussed to death already, so I was hoping to save you and the forum time with a bunch of yet-another-question-about-x-that-has-been-answered-1000-times. Sorry to say it, but it's pretty rare for a question to be asked that hasn't been answered elsewhere 1000+ times. Some of us have been on this rodeo for a few years, and we have a long ignore list of people that couldn't be bothered to do their own research before asking a question. I was trying to save you from being on those lists.
2. I wanted you to find that thread on your own because I'm (and everyone else most is too) tired of searching for stuff that other people should be learning to search for themselves. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day....

Wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything. I had your best intentions in mind, even if it didn't appear that way on the surface.

majerus

Contributor
I didn't provide the link because I wanted two things to happen:

1. I wanted you to take a look at our sticky list while trying to resolve your problem. I'm betting there are plenty of other outstanding topics that you may ask questions on that we've discussed to death already, so I was hoping to save you and the forum time with a bunch of yet-another-question-about-x-that-has-been-answered-1000-times. Sorry to say it, but it's pretty rare for a question to be asked that hasn't been answered elsewhere 1000+ times. Some of us have been on this rodeo for a few years, and we have a long ignore list of people that couldn't be bothered to do their own research before asking a question. I was trying to save you from being on those lists.
2. I wanted you to find that thread on your own because I'm (and everyone else most is too) tired of searching for stuff that other people should be learning to search for themselves. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day....

Wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything. I had your best intentions in mind, even if it didn't appear that way on the surface.

I understand searching, and not posting duplicate topics, etc. The problem is I looked for the solution and couldn't come up with anything .( flat out missed the thread) Appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.