10GB Card Truenas - Macos (Hackintosh)

Dave Hob

Contributor
Thank you, will check the 10 Gig Networking Primer, did not do that yet

I think that something like this could be interesting:

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Those unfortunately tend to die after about a year because they are poorly made. If that wasn't the case, and the intake were to line up near the heatsink of the card, yes, that'd be useful.

Dave Hob

Contributor
Those unfortunately tend to die after about a year because they are poorly made. If that wasn't the case, and the intake were to line up near the heatsink of the card, yes, that'd be useful.
makes sense, thank you for taking the time to reply to my messages, appreciate!

skittlebrau

Explorer
For macOS was thinking ASUS XG-C100C which seams be to support out of the box. I will consider the chelsio for the mac anyway since it has the dual port

Avoid the Asus XG-C100C 10G NIC. It only worked out-of-the-box after being firmware flashed by macOS with a very specific version update and afterwards it no longer worked without patches. You'll notice several users of more recent macOS releases having problems with this card, especially with the misinformation/outdated information about compatibility that's out there.

Syba SD-PEX24055 is a much safer choice if you want an out-of-the-box experience.

Also if you're concerned about cards running hot, a lot of ATX cases have side panel fan mounts which will let you draw cool air into your case and it'll flow over your PCI-E expansion cards. I have a 140mm Noctua NF-A14 case fan that blows cool air over my Intel X540-T2 NIC and provides fresh air to my RTX 2080 Super GPU too.