1 of 3 servers crippled after 11.2-u5 Update

Drew3N

Cadet
I have three nearly identical FreeNAS servers, two made it through the update and 1 did not.

Supermicro X9 server
128gb RAM
LSI HBA’s 9201 and 9205

This particular server had 2 Pools. Warm Data and Cold Data.

-Cold Data is 24 spinners across the 9201 and 9205. This pool was fine after reboot. Two days later, the pool remains healthy, but the shares are not accessible from the clients.

-Warm Data was 12 1tb SSD’s, and 9 512gb SSD’s. The pool was made of 6 brevity mirrors with the 1tb, and 3 raidZ vdevs.

-> -> -> upon reboot, warm data pool showed 0bytes status unknown. Drives were there. The pool was there to import. The import failed. After that all the ssd’s Disappeared from the disk section. After a few reboots, all of the 480gb ssd’s have returned. All of the 1tb ssd’s are gone.

I don’t want to recover the pool, it’s toast. I do, however, want to prevent this from happening again. And I do want to build another pool, and out the warm data back on it.

This server ran solidly for months without issue.

Upon boot a few things happen. I have to re setup the NIC’s every time. Just assigning it a static ip. That’s a pain.

It also shows an error on one of the HBA’s. Half of the spinners are connected to this HBA, and all of the 1tb SSD’s. Not sure why the spinners would show if there was an issue with the HBA, but that’s beyond my area of practice.

How do I start to sort this out?