Сan not log in VM Ubuntu server via Vnc or ssh

Volkodav

Dabbler
After some time I can not log in my VM via VNC , it keeps saying user name and password is wrong even though I remember both. Ssh connection is refused.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
maybe have a look into the logs in the VM (once you can connect... or via the console if you can).

Volkodav

Dabbler
Well - that's the point - the server starts but I can not log in - I am stuck at this screen
Server.png

Volkodav

Dabbler
Actually it always says login incorrect - never the password - just goes in circles

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Do you know the root password?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
After some time
I'm not sure if I understand this part... are you saying it works after a reboot and then "after some time" (hours/minutes/days?) it then doesn't work?

Or do you mean I installed it ages ago and now ("after some time") it doesn't work (at all, no matter after a reboot or how long it's running)?

In the first case, maybe there's something we can still do to get in, but your best bet might be to re-attach an install CD to the VM and install over the top.

In the second, maybe you have snapshots of the ZVOL... rolling back to one when it was working might be an option.

Otherwise, it seems to me that you've got a problem with Ubuntu Linux... maybe best to work with their support forums.

Volkodav

Dabbler
I installed it couple of months ago and was able to log in and all. There was an upgrade from version 7 to 8 of TrueNAS in the meanwhile and now I need to install ONlyOffice and can't log in. I see ubuntu loading fine in verbose mode via VNC and then I get stuck at that screen. I'll check the snapshots I think I made a few but not sure how to attach a CD - I installed it from the image.