zfs send errors with a twist

ete

Cadet
so... this is the backstory:
Main truenas is replicating to an off site backup truenas.
The backup truenas started pupping "degraded" state for the WD4RED that it the HD the replications were on (unfortunately - a single disk in "stripe" mode)

No problem (or so i thought...), ill buy another disk (which i already did - WD6TB), then i will just copy the last snapshot that has already been transferred successfully last Saturday (on the 24th) to the backup turenas, deploy it to the new hard drive - and ill be on my way - ezpz.
In may head, the only thing needed to be done after that, will be to redirect the replicated task from the "main" server to that new disk on the backup machine and that it.

since its a pretty big data set, i thought it will be wiser to first move the data on the backup machine from the old disk to the new, and than just sync it over the internet across with the main machine.

the problem:
when trying to "zfs send -Rv Data1/Storage1@shapshot | zfs receive -Fdu Data2/Storage2, the process halts at the same 552GB transferred mark.
i noticed - though i am trying to copy only the "last" snapshot - truenas try to transfer all the other older snapshot in the dataset (that is understood). I tried deleting all the old snapshots, other than the last one (from the 24th), hoping the error was in some of the other snapshots\data they were holding. but with no luck.

im running TrueNAS-13.0-U3.1
if anyone can help or give out some pointers (or a better way of doing what i was originally trying to do - that will be great.
it will help me to not do it over the internet for about 4 days...
ill happily provide any other info needed.

cheers

Attachments

• truenas error.jpg
    truenas error.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 66