ZFS pool cannot be shared after imported from a Likux+ZFS to TrueNAS

GyulaMasa

Dabbler
Hi all,

I had my main fileserver runing Ubunut+ZFS for long years now.
But it was based on consumer HW so far.
I bought some Chinese Xeon based MoBo and upgraded it.
Also, since my backup and remote backup servers are already using TrueNAS Scale, I decided to migrate the main server too.
Install was without problem.
But importing the two zpools I have (Backup, 2x6TB HDD mirrored) and media (6x4TB HDD in RaidZ2) started to be a problem.
The backup array imported for the first attempt without any problems.
Scrub and resilvering ran through it and now it shows up in the "Storage" tab and shows healthy
The "media" pool however failed to import first, so I booted back to my old system, removed all shares from the media pool and exported it.
After this, it could be imported to TrueNAS, and scrubbed without any errors successfully.
Also I upgraded both zpools successfully.
What I found out so far
- If I want to share any of these datasets on SMB in the path selection section, only the "Apphome" zpool appears in the /mnt/ folder, which is new and has been created after TrueNAS install. None of the two zpools are appear here
- "media" is for some reason mounted not into /mnt/media but/mnt/mnt/media
- all files, and folders are visible from the CLi, if I use cd and ls commands
- Doing this thread, does not solve the problem: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/zfs-dataset-mount-points-corrupted.74279/#post-515592 the mount point still /mnt/mnt/media
- Both Zpools are visible in the "Storage" tab
- In the "datasets" tab all datasets are also visible.
- But I get strange error meassages if I select them, (like "not able to retrieve uota information from X dataset" however quota is not even set on any of them.)
Did anybody encounter such error?

The bonus question is, how to make the keyboard layout permanently NOT english in the Linus shell on the physical terminal?
When I changed the regional settings to "Germany" and the keyboard layout to "German", it changed over immediately in the CLi too, but after a restart is is German in the web interface and english in the physical one.

GyulaMasa

Dabbler
UPDATE:
After some fiddling I could solve the problem of the recursive /mnt/mnt problem.
It seems, that the Zpool remembers the previous mount points, so the get/set mountpoint command helped to mount both pools into the folder it has to be in.
Also, tha root directory is set to /mnt by TreuNAS, so it is NOT necessary tom include it into the "mountpoint" parameter.

And now the "Backup" pool is also appeared in the SMB "Add" options, but the "Media" folder still not visible.
On all the visible folders Samba share is already working.

GyulaMasa

Dabbler
Finally solved the problem.
Setting off and of the "canmount" option and then exporting and importing again, suddenly working.
The topc can be closed.