you need permission to perform this action

Status
Not open for further replies.

asw2012

Contributor
for the life of me, I've been searching these forums and google for this problem. I can access the nas, but can not copy to. I get "you need permission to perform this action" I've made a user, I've made it all anon / no password, same error.

I've got win7 ultimate 64. I've also tried from Win8 Pro. I've mapped network drives with account & credentials on the FreeNAS.

It's probably something simple I'm missing, but I've followed 3 different guides for setting this up. I get to the point where "you are ready to use your nas" and I cant copy anything!

thanks.

asw2012

Contributor
oh gosh, simple. When creating a user, I was leaving the home directory at /nonexistent. Changed it to the actual path, poof. errrrrr

vivek

Cadet
Hi,
I am trying to do the same thing and enabling sharing through NFS but cannot get it to work, can you please tell me your settings?

Thanks.

oh gosh, simple. When creating a user, I was leaving the home directory at /nonexistent. Changed it to the actual path, poof. errrrrr

vivek

Cadet
hi,
did you just make the shared directory the home directory then. i have tried bunc of things and now am just confused as to how to make it work.

thankss

Status
Not open for further replies.