xmbmon issues with FreeNAS Temperature Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchmt

Dabbler
Please be gentle with me here, I have used the search and I may be asking in completely the wrong place, but this is sort of (ish) a FreeNAS problem.

I have managed to install the Temperature Report utility, but it is reporting
Error 127:
/usr/local/bin/mbmon: not found

I have following the guidance on screen ...
To install mbmon:
  1. Log in to the web gui on your FreeNAS unit.
  2. Open the Shell
  3. Check that the package management system is using the FreeBSD server repo and not only the local repo. Check the output when running
    pkg -vv
  4. In the end of the output the enabled repositories are listed, both "FreeBSD: { ... }" and "local: { ... }" should be listed. If "FreeBSD: { ... }" is missing, then go to the repo config folder
    cd /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos
    Then rename the FreeBSD.conf to something else. The version of FreeBSD.conf in this folder is actually disabling the repo, by renaming (or removing) it the system will use the default version of the repo definition.
    mv FreeBSD.conf FreeBSD.conf.ivehiddenit
  5. Install mbmon by running
    pkg install xmbmon
to no avail.

I have also tried to install the xmbmon-205_14 pkg but that failed too. Installation in either example seems to get into an infinite loop updating existing packages along the lines of
... pkg needs updateing
cannot update pkg 0 files downloaded (this is not exact, I am going from memory, but it along these lines)

I am not really familiar with freeBSD and am at a loss on how to get this working.

Anyone point me in the right direction, even if it is just a more appropriate forum? I'd be much obliged.

TIA

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Don't think you want to be installing anything on FreeNAS like that. Where did you obtain those instructions? It looks like it is talking about FreeBSD, but you are wanting to do this on FreeNAS?

pchmt

Dabbler
Don't think you want to be installing anything on FreeNAS like that. Where did you obtain those instructions? It looks like it is talking about FreeBSD, but you are wanting to do this on FreeNAS?

Thanks for your reply. I'll remove it. The instructions come from the web page which displays the information (it uses port 33380)

I am not sure where I got it. I think I did a search for something related to FreeNAS, but it might have been freeBSD as I know FreeNAS is based on it. I just want to be able to monitor temps of HDDs and other system components. Any suggestions as an alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.