Will "Launch Docker Image" be supported in the foreseeable future?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Hi all,

most discussions on the forum with similar topics revolve around people wanting to use docker compose via CLI or some such. So I'm a bit puzzled right now.

I'd like to launch a single image that is not in the official catalog preferably without having to use TrueCharts just for that single application - OnlyOffice. I can probably launch that right now just fine, but I would not do so if that option is going to be removed in the future.

Thanks for some clarification
Patrick

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Don't confuse container engine with container.

Docker will be/has been removed as the container engine (underlying K3s) and replaced with containerd.

whatever engine is used in future, it's highly likely that docker containers (containers built using docker's tools and/or stored on their container hub) will continue to work.

The Launch Docker Image button doesn't need to have the docker engine present to work.

Docker-compose is another thing entirely and does require the docker engine (which can be run in another container launched from containerd via k3s).

Last edited:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
So launching a single container image will continue to be supported? Great. Thanks.

sretalla