Will FreeNAS support WebDAV in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesh

Dabbler
Will FreeNAS support WebDAV any time in the near future?

Meanwhile, could somebody enlighten me on the easiest way to deploy a WebDAV server with its data content being stored in a FreeNAS server?

FYI, I have a few old PCs laying around in the lab that I can use, and I consider myself almost-intermediate Linux user (if I need to turn to Linux-based solutions).

TIA,
Kesh

kesh

Dabbler
If it is going to be supported, it won't be until 8.1 next year.
Here's a link to the roadmap for 8.1:
http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Roadmap_for_8.1

protosd, it appears to me that the only entry that is remotely related to WebDAV are "web server". Are you implying that WebDAV will be supported as a subset of "web server" feature?

Kesh, see my answer in this thread Filesystem-full-problem[\QUOTE]

I guess I wasn't explicit enough in my OP. My FreeNAS server will only serve as what FreeNAS is intended for (without any "customization"; I'm not familiar with FreeBSD enough to mess around with it). I'm wondering what is the easiest way to deploy a (stand-alone) WebDAV server box (Linux-Apache based?), for which content is stored in the FreeNAS server.

ProtoSD

MVP
Kesh, sorry about that misunderstanding. I'm not sure about WebDAV being supported as a subset, but since you rephrased the question, it seems like using NFS and mounting a FreeNAS share on your WebDAV server box would be pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.