Where are the unrar and par2 binary executables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronouthier

Explorer
SABnzbd and Sickrage are both complaining that these files are missing. I can't unpack TV shows! I've been searching both google and these forums, for the better part of 6 hours. It is now 4:30 AM.

Running FreeNAS 9.3 on an HP Proliant DL380 G5 with a 32 GB SSD, 16 GB ECC RAM, and 4 SATA HDDs for storage.

I have tried linking /usr/pbi/SABnzbd/bin/unrar to /usr/local/bin/unrar. I thought this was working for a moment, as there was no complaint from the ln command. Upon closer inspection, there is no /usr/pbi/SABnzbd folder. In fact, /usr/pbi has only 1 file inside (0 folders).

Issuing a 'find /usr -name unrar' yields no output.

Help!!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/bin/unrar which by default is linked to /usr/local/bin/unrar. thee link can get deleted if you delete another plugin from the same jail with the same link like Couchpotato.

sickbeard doesn't include unrar.

aaronouthier

Explorer
As I mentioned already, /usr/pbi has 1 file and 0 folders. I have done numerous fresh installs, and have always found this to be the case with 9.3

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
As I mentioned already, /user/pbi has 1 file and 0 folders. I have done numerous fresh installs, and have always found this to be the case with 9.3
the plugins couldn't run then because that's where their files get installed. are you sure you are looking in the jail or are you looking on the host system?

Last edited:

aaronouthier

Explorer
Right now, I am sure of 3 things:
1. I've had 0 hours sleep.
2. It's been a long, frustrating night.
3. I am a complete idiot!

All files are present and accounted for. I'm not sure why they say they can't find the files. That'll be a mystery for another day.

Good night y'all.

aaronouthier

Explorer

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
lol, go get some sleep!

sabnzbd needs those files in /usr/local/bin (in the jail). they're usually linked but the link can get deleted (this isn't normal).

aaronouthier

Explorer
Yes. Everything is there, original and simlink. Still complaining that it can't unpack rar files.

aaronouthier

Explorer
Something about rar_unpack failed. I'm not home to check the specifics, or I would check said specifics.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Something about rar_unpack failed. I'm not home to check the specifics, or I would check said specifics.
can you verify if the issue is unrar is missing or the rar just isn't unpacking.

if it's the later this could be caused by your provider having removed the files, corrupted the files. maybe possibly a permission issue as well, sabnzbd doesn't have the rights to unpack into the completed download directory.

aaronouthier

Explorer
Hmm,

20 files downloaded, all have failed with the same error.

I doubt it is a problem with being removed or corrupted.

Permissions issues are always a possibility in any situation involving a Unix-based OS.

I'll troubleshoot further when I get home tonight.

Steve Brown

Explorer
Josh I am having the same issues as aaronurthier for my sabnzbd not unraring/unpacking files and I think it might be permission related can you help?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Josh I am having the same issues as aaronurthier for my sabnzbd not unraring/unpacking files and I think it might be permission related can you help?
can you show a screenshot of the error?

Steve Brown

Explorer
upload_2015-12-29_11-24-35.png

Status
Not open for further replies.