Web UI Replication Tasks fail

whiskerz007

Dabbler
I have not been able to successfully replicate a dataset using either LOCAL or SSH. I've seen one of three errors as the results ('sharesmb', 'sharenfs', 'mountpoint'). I get the same errors whether the destination is an existing dataset or a non-existent dataset. I have been testing this since SCALE 20.12 and many of the NIGHTLY and none of the ones I tested are successful. The following error was generated from TrueNAS-SCALE-21.02-MASTER-20210209-052921.
Code:
Error
'sharesmb'.
Logs
[2021/02/09 05:14:52] ERROR    [replication_task__task_2] [zettarepl.replication.run] For task 'task_2' unhandled replication error KeyError('sharesmb')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zettarepl/replication/run.py", line 158, in run_replication_tasks
    run_replication_task_part(replication_task, source_dataset, src_context, dst_context, observer)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zettarepl/replication/run.py", line 229, in run_replication_task_part
    step_templates = calculate_replication_step_templates(replication_task, source_dataset,
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zettarepl/replication/run.py", line 342, in calculate_replication_step_templates
    for property, (value, source) in get_properties(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zettarepl/transport/zfscli/__init__.py", line 103, in get_properties
    return get_properties_recursive(shell, [dataset], properties, include_source)[dataset]
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zettarepl/transport/zfscli/__init__.py", line 97, in get_properties_recursive
    result[name][property] = result[property], source
KeyError: 'sharesmb'

Please advise.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Replicate from where to where??? Different pools or systems?

whiskerz007

Dabbler
I have tried to send the replication to a different pool on the same system, as well as another system, with the same results. SSH+NETCAT doesn't seem to work with SCALE at the moment too, but that can be overcome by setting the transport to SSH.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I have tried to send the replication to a different pool on the same system, as well as another system, with the same results. SSH+NETCAT doesn't seem to work with SCALE at the moment too, but that can be overcome by setting the transport to SSH.
So SSH works?
If netcat does not, please check the bugs and report it.

whiskerz007

Dabbler
Maybe the problem with SSH+NETCAT was with Proxmox. I was involved with pulling datasets from Proxmox over to SCALE. However, I have not been able to successfully push or pull datasets from and to SCALE using SSH, SSH+NETCAT, or LOCAL. I wanted to check if others were having the same problem before filing a bug report.

Caereus

Cadet
After upgrading my two test systems to the same version you listed I am unable to get replication using any combination of settings. My error is very similar but instead of sharesmb I get sharenfs.

@whiskerz007 I couldn't find the a bug report for this issue on the JIRA, have you opened one?

[2021/02/11 20:33:57] ERROR [replication_task__task_3] [zettarepl.replication.run] For task 'task_3' unhandled replication error KeyError('sharenfs')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zettarepl/replication/run.py", line 158, in run_replication_tasks
run_replication_task_part(replication_task, source_dataset, src_context, dst_context, observer)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zettarepl/replication/run.py", line 229, in run_replication_task_part
step_templates = calculate_replication_step_templates(replication_task, source_dataset,
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zettarepl/replication/run.py", line 342, in calculate_replication_step_templates
for property, (value, source) in get_properties(
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zettarepl/transport/zfscli/__init__.py", line 103, in get_properties
return get_properties_recursive(shell, [dataset], properties, include_source)[dataset]
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/zettarepl/transport/zfscli/__init__.py", line 97, in get_properties_recursive
result[name][property] = result[property], source
KeyError: 'sharenfs'

whiskerz007

Dabbler
Correction, I just ran the test again on SCALE 20.12 and the problem does not exist. It seems to be a problem with the NIGHTLY at the moment.

188pilas

Dabbler
seems like this was fixed with TrueNAS-21.02-MASTER-20210215-152916. Currently doing a replication using SSH+NETCAT currently and seems to be working. Thanks!