Web GUI won't load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

For last two days I'm trying to get my FreeNAS working, but I don't have any other ideas what to do next.
After installation I tried to access the Web GUI. It seemed to be not working, but after 10-15 minutes it loaded the login screen (that means - type boxes missing and so on - but the FreeNAS logo is up there!)...
1) I've tried to ping the NAS - OK.
2) I've set static address for the NAS.
3) I've tried to ping my router from the NAS - nothing.
4) I've tried to set the network card to use only half-duplex (as I found out it helped someone).
5) I've tried to ping Google.com - OK. So I've tried to ping the router again - OK.
6) I've tried to connect vie Web GUI and...nothing. Only this was written to the console of the NAS:
Code:
alc0: DMA read error! -- resetting
alc0: could not disable RxQ/TxQ (0x00000008)!

While writing this post console showed this:
Code:
Dec 13 01:03:05 freenas ntpd[1877]: sendto(147.251.48.140) (fd=26): No route to host

...but when I try to ping the server from NAS - I get normal fast responses...

...and this (it could be aslo caused by me trying to connect to Web GUI):
Code:
alc0: DMA read error! -- resetting
alc0: TxQ reset! -- resetting
alc0: could not disable RxQ/TxQ (0x00000008)!

My NAS is:
Acer emachines em350
- 2GB RAM
- FreeNAS installed on decent 8GB SONY flash drive
- network card should be Qualcomm Atheros AR8132
running FreeNAS 9.3

I would be happy, if someone could help me, as I'm new to this. Thank you very much for your time!
Jakub

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Quite frankly, this isn't expected to work. FreeNAS requires a minimum of 8GB of RAM, and the Atheros ethernet is in competition with Realtek for the title of "worst network card ever". A laptop is just a spectacularly bad option for running FreeNAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.