Web GUI Issue

Hey all, I have an issue I need help with. See my sig for my setup.

I should start by saying that this has not been happening since I put together my server. It was running fine for a few weeks to a month before this problem started.

When my NAS is up and running, after mere minutes without me touching it, my web GUI becomes inaccessible. When I enter the IP to go to my config, all I get is the "connecting to TrueNAS" dialogue box that never goes away.

1611319561847.png

A reboot solves this issue and upon the restart, my web GUI and everything else works just fine. But then in minutes of me not touching it, it happens again. Every time. I also have a backup task that I'm trying to run which is pushing my pool to Backblaze B2, whenever this happens it stops the backup task. So I've just been hard rebooting my system and then starting up the backup task again and then leaving it alone only for it to have happened again when I check back in, even after only a few minutes. I don't think it's the backup task, because it ran just fine for a while without this happening when I originally started it.

I've tried googling the problem but I can't seem to find an answer. Does anyone know what this is?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
See my sig for my setup
Please include the info in your post to make things easier for people on mobile or for future readers after the signature changes.

Every time. I also have a backup task that I'm trying to run which is pushing my pool to Backblaze B2, whenever this happens it stops the backup task.
Sounds like it's the network going down, not the GUI. What happens if you ping the server? What does the local console say?

Please include the info in your post to make things easier for people on mobile or for future readers after the signature changes.

Gotcha, here it is:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x cooled by an AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
ASRock B550m Steel Legend
32GB (2x16GB) of Silicon Power DDR4 3200 C16
Kingston 120GB 2.5" SSD (Boot Drive)
EVGA Supernova 550w 80 Plus Gold
Fractal Design Define R5
16GB Intel Optane NVMe SSD
8 4TB HDDs (4 Seagate Ironwolf, 4 WD Red Plus)
IO Crest 5 Port M.2 to SATA HBA to connect all the drives
TrueNAS Core v13.0-U5.1
Pool: 1vdev in RAIDZ1 with the Optane SSD as cache, LZ4 compression
(I know it's not server hardware, I built it with the parts from my old PC when I upgraded)
2.5GbE Networking to NAS with TP-LInk TL-SG105-M2 Switch

Sounds like it's the network going down, not the GUI. What happens if you ping the server? What does the local console say?

I don't know if the network is going down because my share remains totally functional when this happens. I am still completely able to get into my data and open, add, remove, everything.

I thought maybe it was that the IP for the server was being shared with something else and something was getting confused so I reserved the IP in my router settings for just the NAS. Didn't solve the issue.

That's what stumps me the most. That the share remains totally accessible when this happens, yet the GUI won't load and my B2 backup task halts.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I don't know if the network is going down because my share remains totally functional when this happens.
Ok, that's weirder and tends to rule out a couple of things... So I'd suggest looking at the local console for clues, as a first step.