vSphere client finally lets you edit v10 HW

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Interesting. Not enough to get me to upgrade from 5.1 though. LOL.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Oh! Finally. Because that was, like, idiotic, moronic, foolhardy, etc., to pull that stunt. The web client ain't all that great. Of course the legacy client ain't all that great either, but dammit, I'm *used* to it.

joeschmuck

Old Man
About time! Now I have something new to play with when I have nothing better to do.

no_connection

Patron
Still no NIC driver for i217-LM but it was easy to get around by injecting new version into ISO.
noIOMMU have to be added at boot for non VT-d CPU until you run command from SSH.

SirMaster

Patron
Alternatively you could connect to ESXi from Workstation 10 and managed the v10 hardware which is what I have been doing in the meantime.

But we are now on the verge of v11 hardware haha.

gpsguy

Yes, but that requires a paid license for Workstation 10.

I had been using Workstation since 5.0 and bought several upgrades for it (last one was v9). I moved all the VM's in my home lab over to ESXi (free). I didn't want to buy yet another Workstation upgrade, just to manage the 5.5 hardware. Yes, I could manually edit the settings in the .VMX file, but the GUI's nicer. I settled on using ESXi 5.1, since it was adequate for my needs.

Alternatively you could connect to ESXi from Workstation 10 and managed the v10 hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.