VROC issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rashad.exe

Cadet
Hello everyone,
actually i have SuperMicro server 2029U-TN24R4T with 12 NVMe drives and i configured RAID over VROC (Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU) but when i installed latest version of FreeNAS i can't see the RAID volume that created by VROC.
do you have any idea if FreeNAS is support for VROC ?

please need your help

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Even if it were able to be seen, FreeNAS needs direct access to every disk, so RAID controllers like VROC are out of the question for support.

You should try to see if you can make the disks visible individually (direct, passthrough or legacy mode perhaps). Only then would you get any benefit (or support) from FreeNAS.

rashad.exe

Cadet
Even if it were able to be seen, FreeNAS needs direct access to every disk, so RAID controllers like VROC are out of the question for support.

You should try to see if you can make the disks visible individually (direct, passthrough or legacy mode perhaps). Only then would you get any benefit (or support) from FreeNAS.

actually we need to work on hardware RAID then we will add the logical drive on FreeNAS.
probably FreeNAS need driver for VROC, have you ever face this issue before ?

sretalla