VLAN not working

lewisxy

Cadet
I am running the TrueNAS Scale (TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.2). I would like to configure VLAN on my TrueNAS server (that can later be used in bridges for Apps). I "Network", I created a VLAN and assigned it a VLAN ID. I later confirmed from my router's DHCP server that the TrueNAS is indeed connected to the VLAN network as it's in a different subnet. However, I was not able to connect to it via the original (no VLAN) interface. This is unexpected. I am expecting TrueNAS to have 2 IP addresses (one from original interface, say 192.168.1.X, one from the VLAN interface 192.168.11.X). In reality (after logging in via the VLAN subnet), it has only 1 IP address at the VLAN interface. Why does this happen? My router configurations should be fine as my other VLAN-capable devices are working as expected. It has DHCP servers enabled and running in each of the subnets created by VLAN.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
TrueNAS won't request DHCP addresses from more than one interface.

Try setting a static address on one of them.

lewisxy

Cadet
TrueNAS won't request DHCP addresses from more than one interface.

Try setting a static address on one of them.
Thanks. I did realize this afterward.

Any reason why can't we set multiple DHCP address? My router has separate DHCP servers in each VLAN I have.

Also there is no option to bind the webUI to the interface with DHCP. I can only bind it to 0.0.0.0 or those interface with static IPs.

I prefer to use DHCP and avoid static IP when possible. All my IP address mapping are configured on my router via DHCP reservation (in other words, the router checks MAC address, and always assign them to the same IP via DHCP if a pre-configured mapping exist).

skittlebrau

Explorer
Any reason why can't we set multiple DHCP address?
I've never encountered this on any other platform before. The underlying OS definitely has no problems with dhcp on multiple interfaces, so I'm curious why the iX middleware doesn't allow it.

sretalla