virtualbox net and net errors on other jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

philhu

Patron
I put in virtualbox 4.3.12, can am running a Centos 6.6 box under it.
It has 2 adapters, one for a 192.168.1 net and one for a 10.10.1 network used for backups

I pointed both using bridge, each directly to system nics, ix1 for the 192, and lagg0, which is the em0/1 aggregated. Since I wanted addresses static, on my main networks, I turned off nat and vimage, and set both nics to Static/promiscuoys, as stated else where when those are turned off. Works fine.

I have 3 other jails, standard ones, 2 standard, 1 a plugin jail to run plexmedia server.

There 3 had vimage set, but not nat and each has a static address in the 192.168.1 net. These worked perfectly.

When I turned off vimage on the virtualbox one, the 3 lost connectivity. To make them work at all, I turned off vimage, and they are useable. Problem is, they seem 'iffy' in this config. One runs a program called pytivo, that finds tivos on my network and broadcasts tivo-compatible shares for my tivo systems. It was working fine, but since I took off vimage, it doesn't show the tivos on the network when it scans, and only a few of the shares are seen by the tivos, and they disappear sometimes.

So, I was wondering if jail network settings affect other jails and how do I make this reliable again?

Status
Not open for further replies.