USB boot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiknNutz

Patron
This morning I rec'd a message about the boot volume being degraded. I have two devices mirrored. I have had this issue a couple time past, and sometimes a reboot or scrub is all that is needed. Not this time, so I detached the degraded one and attempted to reattach it. Now the systems says it doesn't have enough room to mirror it?! Huh? it is the exact same device that was just plugged in. Okay, so tried to reformat the bad one and reattach, same message. Okay, I have a brand new EXACT same replacement USB drive...same error message. What the heck? I mean they are all identical 16GB USB flash drives.

Code:
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-11.1-U5 (8e2a858a1)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.254.66/system/bootenv/pool/attach/?label=gptid/a5cc80e7-97d1-11e5-992a-0cc47a7a3337

Traceback:
File "./freenasUI/system/forms.py" in done
  297.				 c.call('boot.attach', devname, {'expand': self.cleaned_data['expand']}, job=True)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py" in call
  457.				 raise ClientException(job['error'], trace=job['exception'])
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
  42.			 response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
  249.			 response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
  178.			 response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  162.		 return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  23.				 return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/system/views.py" in bootenv_pool_attach
  499.			 form.done()
  299.				 raise MiddlewareError(str(e))
  299.				 raise MiddlewareError(str(e))

Exception Type: MiddlewareError at /system/bootenv/pool/attach/
Exception Value: [MiddlewareError: [EFAULT] The device called SanDisk Cruzer Fit (14.56 GB, 30529536 sectors does not have enough space to mirror the old device SanDisk Cruzer Fit (14.56 GB, 30529536 sectors). Please use a larger device.]

ChiknNutz

Patron
This is super annoying, any ideas? I've tried this several times and not sure what to do to rectify it.

Alecmascot

Guru
You should raise a bug report.

ChiknNutz

Patron
I did after I posted this. Thanks!

pro lamer

Guru
Has your issue been solved?

ChiknNutz

Patron
Yes, refer to bugs 40424 and 40784.