Update offered but then withdrawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z300M

Guru
I responded to the following post, but I have just realized that it was in "Feature Requests," which is the wrong place:

Last night, I noted 201506212038 was available in the 9.3 STABLE channel & I applied it to a couple of my FreeNAS systems but left a couple untouched. After reboot, I detected no problems. Today, when I connected to update the rest, the latest STABLE was 201506162331. Looking at this forum & the bug track, I could see no information about what happened. For safety, I rolled the updated systems back to the prior stable but would appreciate your consideration to post info about what the issue is to help users decide what our cicumstances necessitate.
My response: I had updated to 201506212038 but now see the earlier version offered as an "update" too, but I have not rolled back to it.

Further, the email I received this morning notifying me of this "update" contains the following:

"A new update is available for the FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE train.

Changelog:
None"

And even when I go to http://download.freenas.org/9.3/ there is no sign of a 201506212038 directory. Where did that strange (and now deprecated?) update come from?

jlpellet

Patron
I have seen this before & do not consider it a bug per se but rather a request that when a release needs to be withdrawn, which I recognize can happen, that there be a posting in the forum noting the withdrawal & reason, so folks can decide what to do.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I believe I answered this in the other post.

Status
Not open for further replies.