SOLVED Update not connecting to train server

tophee

Explorer
Hello,
After making some alterations to my Freenas box, I noticed that the system no longer is connecting to the update server.
Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 14.29.32.png

I've recently created a lagg0 as my motherboard has two Intel NICs. The system is obviously aware of this change. I can still resolve the GUI via FreeNAS.local and the machine's IP address, my TimeMachine backups and SMB shares are all still connecting and working. I had to make some config changes with my VMs to connect (the virtual adapter number changed after creating the lagg0) though that is getting its work units ok from the FAH people. So the server can see the outside world, but FreeNAS's appears not to have the ability to reach the update server address.
I can't see anything obvious in the GUI.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If you put that URL into a browser, do you get the text file?

tophee

Explorer
Yes. Almost the first thing I tried. I did wonder if it was a problem that end rather than mine but following the URL shows me this:
FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE Release train for FreeNAS 9.10. Legacy, now in maintenance mode.
FreeNAS-11-STABLE Release Train for FreeNAS 11.1 [release]
FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE Release Train for FreeNAS 11.2 [release]
FreeNAS-11.3-STABLE Release Train for FreeNAS 11.3 [release]
TrueNAS-12.0-Nightlies Nightly builds for TrueNAS 12. Development version, for testing only. [nightly]
So I'm guessing it's something this end that I've overlooked.
Here are some screenshots of the Network Tabs.

Global config.png

INterfaces2.png

Net  summary.png

I set the static ip address of the lagg to 192.168.0.29/24 and can connect to the box via ssh.
Thanks again

Note: Though this was from a different machine. Am I missing something around where the local DNS is looked up?

Last edited:

tophee

Explorer
Oh, am a dolt. I just realised what the issue was... I hadn't included the IP of my Default Gateway. So now I can see the Update Train.