Update alert email config TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4

Tom'sHomeLab

Cadet
Just updated to TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4. Never configured email alerts before but did so just after the update. Now I can no longer find the configuration for it.

Here's my problem: I'm getting at least two types of email messages sent to a Gmail account (so sending them is not a problem) but they come with different headers, and I can't reliably sort them into appropriate mailboxes and take automated actions based on the headers (to, from, subject, X-TrueNAS-Host, etc.)

I found that one type of email I'm getting reliably has a subject line like this: TrueNAS nasbox1.mydomain.org: Alerts. But others do not. This one for example:

Subject: ZFS scrub_finish event for p0 on nasbox1 From: sendingaccount@gmail.com To: myemailaddress@att.net Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 12:43:56 -0700 Message-Id: <CAE1P+1dfLvDYT4VC9P5YpJdKx63aZgZE3uJ1Kh=EQ@mail.gmail.com> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-Mailer: TrueNAS X-TrueNAS-Host: gibson

I'd love to sort on the X-Mailer header, but it's not present in the first type of message. There's not much to look for here. In a past life, the alert mailer/event mailer could be configured to prepend something to the subject line, like [TrueNAS], that was easy to sort/select on. I don't see that option here.

Maybe I need to configure the sender name so that it's something like "NASBox1 (sending_address@domain.com" but I can't tell which field would let me do that or how to get there. Can I change the sender name? Is it a free text field, or does it use that to log into GMail.

I've read dozens of posts that say "just click the bell icon (alerts) and then the cogwheel (gear) icon." Nope. I'm missing something here.

The "Alert Settings" option in there has to do only with frequency and severity of alerts, and the Alert Services choice likewise doesn't address my issue. And the option I really thought was going to do it for me, "Email", doesn't seem to allow me to change anything. It has General Options, Send Mail Method (SNMP or OAuth) then it has a checkbox icon "GMail credentials have been applied, "a login to GMail button," and "Save" and "Send Test Message" buttons.

What am I missing?