UPC recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmate

Contributor
Yeah I think it's a little too small, but I'd have bought it as well for 20 GBP :D

I am testing it now and according to apcfix the battery has been changed on 01/07/14 (so almost 2 years ago) BUT with the 110-122W load I am now running on battery for more than 20 minutes. That means 4 times bigger load (440-480W) would still give me 5 minutes and I did not change the battery yet. Worst case scenario this little beauty will power the router/switch/htpc combo in the living room and I buy a bigger one for the server.

And APC is generally a little more expensive than CyberPower.

Probably there is a reason...

FlyingPersian

Patron
Now I'm unsure :D So the significant differences betweeen our servers (according to your sig) are the CPU (yours has a TDP of 115W, mine 75W) and hdds (I have 6x WD Red 4TB, according to the PSU thread you posted that'd be 4x 35W vs. 6x 35W). My power consumption should be slightly higher than yours I suppose. That's obviously also depending on the actual load.

Probably there is a reason...

More expensive = better doesn't always apply.

yourmate

Contributor
Now I'm unsure :D So the significant differences betweeen our servers (according to your sig) are the CPU (yours has a TDP of 115W, mine 75W) and hdds (I have 6x WD Red 4TB, according to the PSU thread you posted that'd be 4x 35W vs. 6x 35W). My power consumption should be slightly higher than yours I suppose. That's obviously also depending on the actual load.

The difference between our servers is that mine is all over the place (mobo in the cupboard, memory on a plane from HK, the CPU at the sorting office :D
So the 110-122W is for the old PC which I am testing the UPS with!

This won't help you much but I've just finished soldering a serial cable for the UPS. Got out and old PC booted up and with apcfix I can read the exact load (104W on this old junk) So when I hook up my FreeNAS next weekend (hopefully) and run the burn-in and thermal tests I will clearly see the max load. Of course you need a UPS for this hence why it won't help you.

yourmate

Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.