UniFi Controller Version/Upgrade Question

JclarkTSM

Cadet
I have 7.4.156 running right now using the standard FreeNAS Plugin, but I can't seem to update to 7.4.162. When I hit update it gives all kinds of errors and just boots back to 7.4.156. Any thoughts?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
You need to wait for the FreeBSD package to be updated. Don't use the builtin update function.

Pierce

Explorer
and..... the pkg/ports for unifi7 on FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE (TrueNAS core 13.0-U5) has been updated. if you used pkg, you need to be on the 'latest' rather than the 'quarterly' spin, via /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf, setting: url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest"

after pkg update runs to completion in the unifi7 jail, then you need to service unifi restart, and wait a few minutes for it to reinitialize.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Just wanted to bump this thread to say I just did the same process:

pkg delete unifi7

pkg install unifi8

in my jail and that worked fine.

ChaosUK

Dabbler
Just wanted to bump this thread to say I just did the same process:

pkg delete unifi7

pkg install unifi8

in my jail and that worked fine.
Thats good news.
I have few questions as i am not sure.
- are any settings stored on the machine?
- will i have to configure it again?
- will it keep my settings

sretalla