Unauthorized Reboot - 11.1-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossa

Dabbler
Hello,

I also installed FreeNAS-11.1-U6 a few days ago.....
And I am having trouble to connect to my SMB shares due to the "min vers topic"....

Other than that...all fine.
no reboots until now...but I did not have the bxxxs to start a manual scrub ;-)

How is your system running now gurtonBuster ?

Cheers

gurtonBuster

Dabbler
It seems ok so far. I did a manual scrub the day after I installed it, and it held up. However in the past I was able to do a manual scrub, and when the automated scrub happened it went down.
After the last clean install without using the backup settings and only importing my pool It seemed to calm down for a couple of months and then all of the sudden it started flapping again. It after that it stabilized somewhat. I'm anxiously anticipating the next scheduled scrub.

Hossa

Dabbler
Hello,

so I am running FreeNAS-11.1-U6. Started to do manual Scrubs two days ago....one at a time.
Storage01 went fine.
Storage02 went fine.

Storage03 is again.....screwing up everything. So occasional restarts.....system shutting down.....etc.

At least I am not getting the "unauthorized reboot" E-Mails.....

I guess this is a HW related topic....but I can't really understand what is happening....I already switched the HDD Controllers......so ..... I don't know whats wrong.

Cheers
Hossa

guermantes

Patron
Hello,
I guess this is a HW related topic....but I can't really understand what is happening....I already switched the HDD Controllers......so ..... I don't know whats wrong.

I wouldn't despair too much about not knowing why this happens, as far as I understand this is an unresolved bug... is it not?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The only thing I see is a string of loosely-connected situations with "mystery reboots" and not much of an attempt at debugging them.

In fact, this thread can be charitably described as useless and I am locking it.

If anyone has a mystery reboot, do the following:
  • Identify the time of the reboot.
  • Provide any and all logs that show something related to the reboot.
  • Provide a full hardware listing. That means model numbers and pool layouts. No lspci or similar walls of text.
  • List exactly all troubleshooting steps taken.
  • Start a new thread, unless you have exactly the same server rebooting at the same time and circumstances. "I have the same problem" posts will be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.