Unable to start CIFS Service - Min R/W AIO size "This field is required "

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemaz101

Cadet
Im trying to enable the CIFS service, while i can click on the slider so that it goes to on, as soon as i go into the settings i can never save them. Whenever i do it says This field is required next to Minimal AIO read size and Minimal AIO write size, regardless if Enable AIO is ticked and regardless if i put a value in there or not.

Im using 8.01 RC1, fresh install, originally tried to upload my config from 8.00 but had a lot of problems with that

iv attached a pic of the problem
freenas 8.01 rc1 cifs error.jpg

Durkatlon

Patron
Both those values are set to 1 in my BETA4 installation. Perhaps they don't auto-populate correctly in RC1. Try setting them to 1 and saving.

chemaz101

Cadet
iv tried setting them to 1, i think even the default is 1 but doesnt seem to make a difference. However i think iv solved the problem, if i go to the web gui through chrome (was originally through firefox) i dont have this problem, though i still have a problem with CIFS. The only way to get it working is to disable the service and delete the shares, then reboot, and then enable it and re-create the shares, and this will work fine until i shutdown/restart. When i load it back up its back to square one where i cant access it via windows

Durkatlon

Patron
Hmm, well most browser specific problems are due to browser cache causing confusion after you upgrade from one FreeNAS version to another. Try clearing your cache, cookies etc, and see if that solves anything.

Lillebak

Cadet
I had the same problem using Chrome on Windows. Try Internet Explorer instead, that worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.