Unable to install freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

swunderlin

Cadet
Hello

I am trying to install free nas on my computer and am unable to install it. I have tried to use the .iso file to install as guide instructs and receive error message no boot device found when booting to iso file through cd drive. I have also tried to download the usb image file and receive the same error when i try to boot to usb. Here are my system specs.

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Installed memory (ram): 4.00 GB (3.25 GB usable)
System type: 32-bit operating system, x64- based processor

It is a Dell XPS 630i

swunderlin

Cadet
could trying to install a 32 bit version of freenas on a 64 bit processor cause this problem?

swunderlin

Cadet
Ok i have downloaded the 64 bit version and am trying to mount it as a virtual drive however when i restart my computer the virtual drive is unavailable

swunderlin

Cadet
basically mounting the .iso file to the operating system. I am trying to do this because when i try to run the iso after saving it to a cd rom and reseting the bios device so that cd's boot first I receive the error message no boot device detected.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
you are trying to mount the ISO INSIDE an operating system and expect to boot the machine to that?? how exactly do you expect that to work?

swunderlin

Cadet
I guess your right in regards to that. Since I cant do that what do you recommend

- - - Updated - - -

I guess your right in regards to that. Since I cant do that what do you recommend

ProtoSD

MVP
Do you have another computer you can try and boot the CD from? You can use any computer to install FreeNAS to your USB flash drive.

swunderlin

Cadet
am still having the same issue. Both of my computers are not recognizing the iso

- - - Updated - - -

what do i have to do with the iso to be able to get the computer to recognize it and execute it

nokeabue

Dabbler
some cdroms disks are well for backups but the bootloading process since the laser signal is not strong enough during bios boot process therefore never recognizes the disk as bootable even if its well burnt actually because the metal layer is too thin
you're probably burning a CD onto a DVD? that will be the case too.

swunderlin

Cadet
What it was was that I did not burn the image to the disk so the problem of not loading is solved however now receiving usms1: 3 buttons and [XYZ] coordinates id = o error.

Status
Not open for further replies.