Unable to access share/plugins after migrating to a new pool

mxr41

Cadet
Backstory:
I follow https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/howto-migrate-data-from-one-pool-to-a-bigger-pool.40519/ to transfer all data in my old pool (old_storage_volume) to a new pool (storage_volume) consisting of a single 8-disk RAIDZ2. The resilvering completes successfully, and I am able to access my data on the new pool after uploading a configuration backup, i.e. following up to step 8 in the link above but without destroying old_storage_volume, which remains exported. The system dataset was transferred to the boot pool (1x 256 GB SSD) during the pool migration and remains there.

A few days later, I shut down the system to add two additional drives. My intention is to incorporate the 6 old disks from my old pool (old_storage_volume) and the two additional drives into another 8-disk RAIDZ2 vdev and extend storage_volume. On boot I get the following message: "Pool storage_volume state is UNKNOWN:". In the CLI, I run zpool status and obtain the following:
zpool_status.PNG

This is the configuration of my old pool before the data migration. I try to import the new pool, storage_volume, via the CLI. This completes successfully. I run z-pool status again.
zpool_status_after_import.PNG

The pool appears normal, i.e. still populated with my data:
pools.PNG

However, even after the import I cannot access my Windows (SMB) share and plugins (Transmission) that were working after pool migration but without restarting the system.

mxr41

Cadet
After browsing around in the CLI, it appears that both storage_volume and old_storage_volume exist with files intact. However, these folders are not located within the mnt directory even while both pools are imported. How can I fix this?
directories.PNG

mxr41

Cadet
I was able to partially resolve this issue by manually importing storage_volume to mnt (zpool import -R /mnt storage_volume) and recreating my shares after startup. However, this problem occurs everytime the server is restarted, i.e. old_storage_volume starts mounted, storage_volume unmounted, and my shares must be manually recreated. Any input would be appreciated.

mxr41

Cadet
It turns out that exporting/re-importing storage_volume via the GUI fixed this issue.

Is it reasonable to store the system dataset in the boot pool?

Alecmascot

Guru