UFS - 3 drives - /freenas/freenas ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drothman

Cadet
i've run freenas for 5+ years and just upgraded my machine and upgraded from 8 to 9.2.1.5

i had and still want a simple UFS setup to back up several windows machines.

The problem i'm having is this, in he past, using CIFS, my windows share (what I'd see in windows explorer under Network) would be:
\Freenas\Backup_Disk1
\Freenas\Backup_Disk2
\Freenas\Backup_Disk3

using v9, i end up with:
\Freenas\Freenas\Backup_Disk1

While not the worst problem in the world, i'm wondering why there is an extra folder in there and can i remove it so that within windows, when i click on FREENAS, what it returns are the 3 backup disks. I know i can map a drive letter to the directory level i need, but my suspicion is that i'm missing something and have set the thing up incorrectly. thanks

joeschmuck

Old Man
That is an odd problem that I haven't seen before. Maybe someone else has seen it. The only thing I can think of is when you upgraded FreeNAS to 9.2.1.5, did you perform the proper upgrade steps from one version to the next or did you just load up a fresh install of 9.2.1.5 and configure it? Whatever extra info you can provide may help.

drothman

Cadet
That is an odd problem that I haven't seen before. Maybe someone else has seen it. The only thing I can think of is when you upgraded FreeNAS to 9.2.1.5, did you perform the proper upgrade steps from one version to the next or did you just load up a fresh install of 9.2.1.5 and configure it? Whatever extra info you can provide may help.

i ended up not upgrading and doing a fresh install; actually many fresh installs to try and get rid of the problem, but never succeeded in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.