u4.1 Update - Menus under Chrome are broken.

ljvb

Dabbler
As the title says. Everything works fine under Firefox and Safari. Under Chrome, the Services Menu, Reporting Menu and a few others just do nothing when you click it. I have been unable to do the web based update, so I did a manual update from U3 to U4, problem persisted, so I saved the config, performed a clean install. Before restoring the config, I tried with Chrome again, no joy.

Install is to 2 1TB drives mirrored using the DL380G8 onboard sata controller (the raid controller has been removed). Storage drives are on 2 m1015s and 1 Dell 220 (all flashed using the generic LSI firmware), although none of this should matter as it works in Firefox and Safari, just not Chrome.

ljvb

Dabbler
I figured the problem out. I dropped the MTU from 9000 back to 1500 and the issues resolved themselves. Of course that brings up another issue, why I can't use Jumbo Frames. Using QLogic 10GB cards connected to Brocade 6610 ICX using 40GB to 10GB x4 breakout cables.

ljvb

Dabbler
Not sure what you are getting at. The switch supports Jumbo frames, The interfaces support Jumbo frames. In fact, I have been using Jumbo frames for ages with teh MTU set to 9000. It was after this last update that things went sideways. As for my network that the laptop is on, completely different vlan. Should not make a difference as the switch deals with routing and deals with transiting packets of different sizes without any problems (my Vsphere servers use 9k just fine).

Pheran

Patron
Not sure what you are getting at. The switch supports Jumbo frames, The interfaces support Jumbo frames. In fact, I have been using Jumbo frames for ages with teh MTU set to 9000. It was after this last update that things went sideways. As for my network that the laptop is on, completely different vlan. Should not make a difference as the switch deals with routing and deals with transiting packets of different sizes without any problems (my Vsphere servers use 9k just fine).

Correct - in that case, I have no idea why you would have an issue with jumbo frames.