Truenas Scale 22.12.1 plex will not deploy

Kevin54

Cadet
Hello Community, I have just recently switched from Core to Scale and im pulling my hair out with plex. I've googled what i can about this issue and have yet to find something that fixes my problem. i have done a fresh install of Scale 22.12.1 and have disabled host path validation. I've even gone as far as trying to deploy plex with no host path at all and no added storage path at all and still it just sits on deploying. im no expert at all when it comes to Truenas. i have had Truenas since ver. 8 when it was called freenas. i had no issues with freenas or truenas for years and only upgraded to Scale for its added VM gpu passthrough capabilities and a few other cool features i want to explore. My setup is

Thinkstation s30 Motherboard
e5 1650 v2
6 2TB drives in a RaidZ1
32GB ram
750w PSU
Truenas Scale 22.12.1

If anyone can shed some light on what could be going on i would appreciate it. If more info is needed please ask, and possibly tell me how to get this info for you. As i said i am no expert by any stretch and really started with freenas back in the day to play around.

joeschmuck

Old Man
If you have not upgraded your pool, you can roll back to Core until you figure it out.

Kevin54

Cadet
I have not upgraded my pool for just that reason. If i cant figure it out with the help of this community i will roll back.

DavidYLau

Dabbler
Have you tried both the "official" version and the Truecharts version?

I think I had similar problems with the "official" version and could only get the Truecharts versions working.

Saberwolf

Explorer
Check apps advanced settings to make Shure you dont have enable host path safety checks enabled caused a bunch of issue for me

1678993804705.png

cjsailer

Cadet
I'm in a similar situation with plex displaying a "deploying" status, my issue seems to be related to not being able to pull the docker image. No idea how to proceed.

Attachments

• plex_deploying_error.png
    plex_deploying_error.png
    97 KB · Views: 224

shadowempire

Dabbler