TrueNAS not creating Active Directory Kerberos Keytabs

marly

Cadet
I have a TrueNAS on 12.0-U4.1 server. I had it working fine with Active Directory. Originally, I got it working in about 5 seconds out of the box earlier this year and has been running along great. About two weeks ago I upgraded to TrueNAS-12.0.-U4.1 and then things started to get funky. When I rebooted I couldn't log in to my samba shares. It just kept asking me for a username/password. I got the bright idea of maybe if I enable/disable Active Directory in Directory Services -> Active Directory it might fix it. Well, it fixed it, for a short time, but I've had to do it a few more times since then.

Then today, I started getting the same thing, but I thought maybe if I rejoined the domain it might fix things. So I disabled the Active directory and deleted the Kerberos KeyTabs found in Directory Services -> Kerberos Keytabs. Then I went back to Directory Services -> Active Directory and I'm able to put in my username/password under "Domain Credentials", but when I click "save" it says, "Please wait" and "settings saved", then I go back to the Kerberos Keytabs and nothing. Plus on the Directory Services -> Active Directory domain Credentials Page it asks me for my login info again.

I'm at a loss on what to do next, I'd like to just clear the samba configuration out and start over, but it doesn't appear that there is a way to do this. :( Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Is your DNS set up correctly? I.e. does TrueNAS use the AD domain controllers as DNS servers? Don't just look at the UI - check the contents of /etc/resolv.conf in a shell.

I just recently encountered a bug in OPNsense that would make TrueNAS delete the name servers from the configuration shortly after boot. That was weird to debug, since of course I suspected TrueNAS first.