truenas core network disconnect

RMAZOUZI

Explorer
Hello everybody,

please should be informed that redently we detected a probleme of Truenas core,it disconnect automatically after 3 days when i unplug RJ45 cable and plug it it works

is there a log file to check if there a probleme of hardware "network card" or something elese or does i need to perform an update because we have TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1 version.

any quick reply will be greatly appreciated

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Anything visible on the console when it goes int that disconnected state? Do you have a monitor and keyboard connected? Can you invoke a shell and type this command, then post a picture of tge output? ifconfig

Also please post a full description of your hardware as described in the forum rules linked on top of this page.

RMAZOUZI

Explorer
Hi Patrick i would like to thank you for your answer,this what i will check first "connecting monitor and keyboard to see what happen"

can you provide me please the command which give me informations regarding network card is it "pciconf -lv | grep -A1 -B3 network." ?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
You don't know what hardware you are using?

As I wrote already: ifconfig would be the most important info to start with. Also cat /var/run/dmesg.boot. You can already collect the latter while the system is still running and connected. Please login via ssh and copy and paste plain text inside code tags.