SOLVED TrueNAS 12.0 system can't be reached

Bugsy22

Cadet
I've had my TrueNAS CORE system up and running for several years. It's currently version 12.0 U8. I tried today to access it and I'm getting a Windows message:

Screenshot 2023-12-03 131918.jpg

The NAS is also not showing up in Windows File Explorer. Other than a power outage or two (NAS is attached to battery backup) and a recent Windows 10 update, nothing has changed with my computer or NAS. I tried connecting via Chrome (normal method), Edge and Opera to no avail. I'm able to power up my NAS and it does seem to be booting properly. I'm able to access the Console menu, but there's nothing that looks out of place. I've tried changing IP address thinking maybe some other device on my network got the IP reassigned to it, but this didn't help. I also tried resetting the configuration to defaults, but also no joy.

I've also tried connecting via laptop with the same result.

I've searched the internet and this forum for possible solutions but many of the suggestions rely on the GUI, to which I can't connect. Can anyone help me? I'm not even close to being an expert with TrueNAS, so a simple, step by step solution is ideal.

Thanks in advance!

Bugsy22

Cadet
SOLVED

Ok, so I tried changing the IP of the network interface several more times. After about the sixth or eighth attempt I now have my GUI access back. I still did not have access to my files though... I decided it was time to update to version 13.0-U6. It was unable to access the update location, so I did a manual update. It was successful and after the update, my file access was restored.

I have no idea what was going on. Hopefully this won't happen again...

GTAXL

Cadet
Can you show a picture of the console menu? Can you do an ipconfig on the command line and check it has the correct IP. If it's DHCP it could of changed if you don't have static leases.

Bugsy22

Cadet
Can you show a picture of the console menu? Can you do an ipconfig on the command line and check it has the correct IP. If it's DHCP it could of changed if you don't have static leases.
That was the first thing I checked. The IP address the console was showing was what I was trying to connect to. I deleted it a few times and replaced it with a different IP just so I could be sure it was correct and not conflicting with something else in the network. Didn't help. I had this happen to me once before several years ago on an older version of FreeNAS, but I just can't remember what I did to get it fixed. It might have been an OS update back then also...who knows!