Troubles building 8.3.1 - Incorrect link locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
First I'd like to say thank you to the folks who helped me out for the past two days trying to figure out how to use GIT. It's definitely different than SVN.

Now to the problem at hand, I'm trying to build 8.3.1-Release up through the current changes and I get to a section where two files cannot be downloaded, "libgpg-error-1.10.tar.bz2" and "libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2" and the weird part is the URL the build process is trying to use, it cannot be found...
Code:
http://gnupg.org.favoritelinks.net/libgpg-error/libgpg-error-1.10.tar.bz2
http://gnupg.org.favoritelinks.net/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2

I was able to locate the file here
Code:
ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/libgpg-error/libgpg-error-1.10.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/libgpg-error/libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2
And a newer versions were very recently released just days ago.

I ended up downloading these files manually and then restarted the build process.

"samba-3.6.12" no longer exists as the latest version and has been moved into the /stable subdirectory and was replaced by "samba-3.6.13" so there is another problem. I grabbed a copy and manually added it like I did the files above. I see 5 minutes ago William updated the code to reflect this change.

It's still moving forward right now so if I have any other problems I will post those. I didn't want to create a ticket against the build process just yet, maybe if I cannot build it once 8.3.1-Release-p1 comes out.

ProtoSD

MVP
Now to the problem at hand, I'm trying to build 8.3.1-Release up through the current changes and I get to a section where two files cannot be downloaded, "libgpg-error-1.10.tar.bz2" and "libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2" and the weird part is the URL the build process is trying to use, it cannot be found...
Code:
http://gnupg.org.favoritelinks.net/libgpg-error/libgpg-error-1.10.tar.bz2
http://gnupg.org.favoritelinks.net/libgcrypt/libgcrypt-1.5.0.tar.bz2

I've run into this before also, it's very frustrating because you'd think if these files were important enough for FreeNAS, there'd be an alternate repository. I got to the point where I'd run some command before building to check for the distfiles and copy them to my own private repository, which makes me wonder if that's what iX is doing and when distfiles disappear they don't notice.

It's been awhile, so I don't remember the commands offhand, but you can also specify for it to look at preferred repositories since some of them seem to be unavailable more often than others. It's a real time waster when you get hours into a build and it fails because of one of these.

joeschmuck

Old Man
One last problem...

"libpng-1.5.11.tar.xz" is not found as well, just like samba it was not in a current directory and listed under "older-releases".

That was all the changes I needed to address to compile and create the images. Now I need to check those images and since samba was updated, now I can rebuild it all over again with the newer version. So it will be tomorrow before I can play with it, that's fine.

I've run into this before also, it's very frustrating because you'd think if these files were important enough for FreeNAS, there'd be an alternate repository. I got to the point where I'd run some command before building to check for the distfiles and copy them to my own private repository, which makes me wonder if that's what iX is doing and when distfiles disappear they don't notice.

It's been awhile, so I don't remember the commands offhand, but you can also specify for it to look at preferred repositories since some of them seem to be unavailable more often than others. It's a real time waster when you get hours into a build and it fails because of one of these.
I'm certain iX takes a snapshot of all the files required to build and freezes them in time, only updating when it makes sense from a programming standpoint. It's what I'd do. Once you have something that works then you start to update your files slowly and try to mitigate adding problems too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.