Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Howard

Contributor
Is there a way to create a torrent file within Transmission on Freenas? Basically I'm wanting to rip a load of CD's and seed them on what.cd. At the moment the only way I can find to do this is by using utorrent on my PC but i can't find anyway this is possible from Transmission. Looks like it's possible if Transmission is installed on the PC but not via the freenas plugin.

Nick Howard

Contributor
Is there a guide for that by any chance? I'm not overly confident at the command line.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Is there a guide for that by any chance? I'm not overly confident at the command line.

No, but if you go to the transmission documentation there is probably some examples and stuff you can use.

Nick Howard

Contributor
I'll have a look, see what I can find. Cheers.

Nick Howard

Contributor
Figured a way around it, I'm still creating the torrent from my desktop using utorrent and then uploading the torrent to Transmission whilst in a paused state. You then just to have to copy the original file into the folder where Transmission expects it and do a "verify local data" on that torrent within Transmission. It then quickly confirms the data and starts seeding.

diedrichg

Wizard
Do the copy first, then add the torrent and then do a very data. That way you don't have to worry about pause. Either way...you don't need to worry about pause since YOU are the source.

Nick Howard

Contributor
Do the copy first, then add the torrent and then do a very data. That way you don't have to worry about pause. Either way...you don't need to worry about pause since YOU are the source.

Yup, that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.