Transmission Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Redrum

Dabbler
Any one have any suggestions for me to check? Like I mentioned, everything went exactly as the guide specified until I had to go and change the settings.json file which is no-where to be found.

ProtoSD

MVP
have you tried using the 'find' command:

find / -type f -name 'settings.json' -print

if it's on your system, that should show you the path where it is. The name in the quotes is case-sensitive, so if it really Setting.JSON or something else, that command won't find it.

Sir_Redrum

Dabbler
Thanks for that. I'm new to this so I was struggling to find the correct find commands. I had a look through some freeBSD sites but the syntax never seemed to be correct. I'll run that tonight to see if it finds the file.

Sir_Redrum

Dabbler
have you tried using the 'find' command:

find / -type f -name 'settings.json' -print

if it's on your system, that should show you the path where it is. The name in the quotes is case-sensitive, so if it really Setting.JSON or something else, that command won't find it.

I tried running the above command using settings.json, Settings.json, Settings.JSON, settings.JSON, setting.json, setting.JSON etc and they all seemed to be seaching but then it just returns to freenas# and doesn't give me anything :(

Anyone have some more idea's? I can copy and create new files in the Download/Transmission file so I don't believe it is a permissions problem. Also the rc.conf file holds my changes perfectly even after a few reboots.

Sir_Redrum

Dabbler
Woohoo. I finally worked it out. In the instructions it says to put the line /mnt/ZFS/Download etc into the rc.conf file. Previously the person advised to change the /mnt/"your share" to whatever you setup, but it didn't in this section of the guide, so I left it as ZFS. I finally decided to change it and it worked. A little bit silly of me, but the instructions aren't noob friendly if you follow instructions to the T like I do.

At least this thread will help someone in the future as I won't be the only 1 with this problem.

Goo

Cadet
Did the same mistake as you. But even though I edit my rc.conf file to the correct path, the settings.json file doesn't appear. Did you do anything else, or did it just magically appear for you?

Sir_Redrum

Dabbler
Did the same mistake as you. But even though I edit my rc.conf file to the correct path, the settings.json file doesn't appear. Did you do anything else, or did it just magically appear for you?

Try typing the chown -R www:www transmission Watch incomplete finished line again in putty and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.