TLS 1.1 and 1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkk

Dabbler
Is there a way to enable TLS 1.1 or 1.2 in the WebGUI? I probably could do this manually using CLI but wanted to see if there is a easier way since I am trying to not use TLS 1.0 anymore as default since modern browsers by now supports TLS 1.2.

I want to use OwnCloud plugin but like to make use of TLS 1.2 for better security.

After this whole heartbleed mess last week I want to make sure I use best security possible.

SmallGuy

Guru
First, keep in mind the ssl certificate in the Freenas Web GUI is only use by Freenas. If you install Owncloud plugin, you have to create a new certificate on your Jail...
Look at this thread, it is about an Owncloud custom install: http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/how-to-owncloud-using-nginx-php-fpm-and-mysql.17786/
You can also configure Nginx to act as a reverse proxy, and forward requests to other servers (proxy_pass directive), letting Nginx manage the ssl Certificate. In the config file of Nginx, you can tune your ssl certificate management as you want. I let you imagine what you can do.
This isn't an easy solution, you have to learn a lot about Nginx on your own, but it's very instructive and powerful.
Bottom line, there are other solutions for Owncloud plugin install.

D

dlavigne

This sounds like a good feature request. If you make one at bugs.freenas.org, post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.