Time to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

itchiTrigger

Dabbler
Hello all, it is time to add more HDD's to my system. I currently have 8 - 3 TB WD reds in 1- Z3 pool. I have about 5 TB of usable space remaining. I am going to purchase another 8 - 3 TB drives but I don't really know how to store all the drives. I am thinking of getting a wall mount server rack but I don't have any experience with rack hardware. Are there certain things to watch out for ? Can anyone give suggestions on racks and necessary hardware I will need? Any help is appreciated, as this community is the only way I have learned about FreeNAS and how awesome it is. Thanks again..

Last edited:

Nick2253

Wizard
Have you looked through the "Hardware recommendations" sticky? It will give you suggestions for all you hardware needs. If those recommendations don't meet you needs, let us know why, and we'll try to give you a better recommendation.

Fuganater

Patron
If you have a chassis you like then I suggest you buy 8x 5TB or 6TB drives and replace your disks one by one. Otherwise pick up a Supermicro 24 bay chassis.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You'll have a hard time fitting a large server chassis in a typical wall-mount rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.