The perfect mainboard

Vouzamo

Cadet
Came across this board from ASrock: https://www.asrockind.com/en-gb/IMB-X1314

It looks perfect for a future proofed NAS with LGA 1700, ECC Memory, multiple 2.5GbE and plenty of SATA connectivity.

I can't find it for sale anywhere, but while I decide whether to wait or not, wanted to get feedback from the community on this board.

My use case is a build for 8 x 4Gb 5400rpm HDD with a decent spec system for running TrueNAS Scale hosting Plex media server and hosting containerized applications and VMs for a combination of home lab use and general tinkering as a software engineer. Maybe even offloading the hardware requirements for my work laptop for solutions that require many local containers during development.

I liked the look of this board because I can load it with affordable memory, CPU but have lots of upgrade and expansion available for later, and felt that the Intel NIC(s), ECC Memory, and SATA connectivity fit the use case better than other boards I have seen.

Not built for TrueNAS Scale before so appreciate any guidance. I have read similar threads, but wanted to be able to discuss suitability of this board specifically, rather than just discuss general hardware requirements.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Not great, not terrible.

multiple 2.5GbE
Sure, they're Intel, so they'll be stable sometime in the future, but they're not super stable yet.
I liked the look of this board because I can load it with affordable memory, CPU but have lots of upgrade and expansion available for later, and felt that the Intel NIC(s), ECC Memory, and SATA connectivity fit the use case better than other boards I have seen.
You can get more for less at the cost of extra power consumption (offset by reusing instead of producing something new from scratch) with a used Xeon E5 v3/v4 system. So, if tinkering is your goal, consider that as well.

Gelax

Dabbler
Hi, I just purchased this Asrock industrial IMB X-1314 model motherboard in Italy.

I also have two banks of 16Gb ram for a total of 32Gb ECC Unbuffered.

The motherboard only accepts unbuffered ECC RAM.
The registered ECC RAMs do not work, with these the system does not start. I also asked the Asrock Industrial support service and they confirmed that the registered ECCs don't work

Gelax

Dabbler
I chose this board because it is the only one that supports ECC RAM with 11, 12, 13th generation Intel i7 processors. It has a specific chipset the W680.