Testing Out New RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
It's a shame we don't have these prices in Europe! The motherboard costs at least twice as much here, and the CPU also almost twice as much, and it comes from China.
I was looking at the same thing, I've been running 16GB of RAM for a long time now, which is way too less. Just ordered the same RAM as the OP to upgrade to 32GB. It's still 12GB short of what I want it to be since I'm upgrading to 48TB, but I guess it's good enough :p
You should take a look at the https://www.shipito.com/en/ service because several forum users have ordered hardware and gotten it delivered that way.

FlyingPersian

Patron
You should take a look at the https://www.shipito.com/en/ service because several forum users have ordered hardware and gotten it delivered that way.

That sounds interesting! I'll keep it in mind. I think I'll go for 32GB of RAM with 48TB of storage though. I've had 16GB vs. 24TB and it worked out so far :P

Soloam

Contributor
One thing is driving me crazy.... I have a very restrictive space to fit my tower... At the moment I have a micoATX board, because that fits my case... I was looking for a LRDIMM MB that is microATX, but at least SuperMicro does not seems to have one. Or in alternative a case that accepts ATX but that has a max size of 46cm (length) and can fit my HDD, at the moment 7. I found a Lian Li, but seems to be discontinued, and I can't find it.

Stux

MVP
Xeon E5 board in microATX?

Where would you put the socket, all the 8-12 dimm slots and the 40 odd PCIe lanes ;)

Soloam

Contributor
I need to find a ATX Case that fits...

710IS6aWoLL._SL1500_.jpg

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Soloam

Contributor
What if you turn it sideways?

No can do! Very restricted space! I'll try to find a case that fits, but under 46cm, it's very hard, with space to a lot of HDD!

If I can't I'll "negotiate" a new location to the server, but I fear that would be harder.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
negotiate
I guess it depends on who you are negotiating with. I had my NAS sitting in the middle of the dining table for over a week. The wife wasn't happy, but we compromised. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.