SyncThing Local Discovery Not Working (TrueNAS Scale)

nomb

Cadet
Hello everyone,

I'm having a real hard time getting SyncThing running on TrueNAS as it was on the dedicated VM I was running it on.

I have it installed, I have it mounting a dataset and it starts fine. What isn't working for me is local discovery. I have 12 other machines
on the network running syncthing and local discovery works fine on all of them. It is just SyncThing running on TrueNAS that doesn't.

It says local discovery is "working" but it doesn't see any other devices and no other devices see it. If I manually enter the IP it will talk to them but of
course that really isn't a fix. If I manually enter the ID, it will find them over a relay but of course that is painfully slow.

I'm pretty sure that the broadcasts for local discovery from TrueNAS just aren't getting out and the ones from all the devices on my network aren't getting in.
I'm new to TrueNAS and am hoping it's just something simple I missed but I have no idea at this point what to do.

If anyone could help me that would be great.

Thanks very much!

Bestmixtape

Cadet
Just an update.

I'm brand new to the Truenas scale as well. I decided to start over by clearing out all the advanced settings in the Application section, and now it's connecting to my other devices.

nomb

Cadet
@Bestmixtape

Yea it's clearly having issues with broadcasting. Whenever I tried to run it with the network set to host mode or w/e it's called the app would never start up. Really annoying. Same issue with Plex. Ended up moving both outside of truenas to proxmox.