Strange files appearing in my share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleverking

Dabbler
Not long ago I did a batch move of movies from one directory to another to clean things up within my NAS. Only today I have noticed that there are strange file's that have appeared within.

The size of these files are similar size of a standard movie 700mb+ and are of naming conventions such as...
BTSCZL~W.AVI
TF8EHK~T.MKV
TG9XY6~V.MKV

I presume these are movies that have most probably been corrupted during the move and I'm OK just getting rid of them, however when I SSH into my freenas box the files are not listed. From the share on my Windows machine it says the it could not find the item when I try to delete it and from the share on my Mac machine it deletes it but then almost immediately reappears!

What's the best way to clean this up?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
That's odd. Post the following:
  • sanitized version of your smb4.conf file
  • hardware specs for your FreeNAS server
  • version of FreeNAS
  • attach /var/log/samba4/log.smbd
Did you move the files through a client or locally on the server via the console? If you hit F5 on your windows box do they disappear? If you restart CIFS do the files disappear?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Those look like temporary copies of files, hence the 8.3 filenames.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Can you also post your info as requested in the forum rules when creating a thread? ;)

Cleverking

Dabbler
That's odd. Post the following:
  • sanitized version of your smb4.conf file
  • hardware specs for your FreeNAS server
  • version of FreeNAS
  • attach /var/log/samba4/log.smbd
Did you move the files through a client or locally on the server via the console? If you hit F5 on your windows box do they disappear? If you restart CIFS do the files disappear?
As requested...

FreeNAS-9.2.1.8-RELEASE-x64 (e625626)
Intel Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Intel DG965SSq
2GB RAM (Currently looking into upgrading)

log.smdb is attached and I could not find smb4.conf, if you could point me in the right direction that would be great...
F5 on my Windows box does not make the files disappear, neither does restarting CIFS.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• log.zip
    155.8 KB · Views: 183

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
As requested...

FreeNAS-9.2.1.8-RELEASE-x64 (e625626)
Intel Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Intel DG965SSq
2GB RAM (Currently looking into upgrading)

log.smdb is attached and I could not find smb4.conf, if you could point me in the right direction that would be great...
F5 on my Windows box does not make the files disappear, neither does restarting CIFS.

Thanks in advance.
Add enough RAM to meet the minimum hardware requirements and then we can talk. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.