SOLVED Spin Lock crashes!

cdlogan

Dabbler
I've been having an issue with system crashes for a while. My crash dumps all say "Spin lock held too long" or something along the lines of that. This usually happens when completely idle. Any idea what this is and how to remedy it? Any help is much appreciated!

System
TrueNAS-12.0-U7
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core
Memory: 2x 8gb 3000MHz
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2
Harddrive: ada0 Seagate ST4000NC001-1FS168 4TB HDD - Storage RAID0
ada1 Samsung MZ7LN256HCHP-000L7 256GB SSD - Boot
Network: Onboard Realtek 8118 LAN

LarsR

Guru
have you done the nessessary bios tweeks for ryzen cpu's?
Disabling AMD Cool & Quiet, ERP-Ready and Global C-States is recommended. Those 3 Settings are known to cause stability issues and crashes with 1. and 2. Gen Ryzen cpu's.
When i used my 1600x it would freeze after 3 days of uptime and only hard resetting would let me connect back to it.
Maybe your problem is also related to those 3 settings. Try disabling them and see if the problem goes away.

cdlogan

Dabbler
Disabling AMD Cool & Quiet, ERP-Ready and Global C-States is recommended. Those 3 Settings are known to cause stability issues and crashes with 1. and 2. Gen Ryzen cpu's.
When i used my 1600x it would freeze after 3 days of uptime and only hard resetting would let me connect back to it.
Maybe your problem is also related to those 3 settings. Try disabling them and see if the problem goes away.
I have just changed those BIOS settings. I've heard there were some issues with AMD processors, but never figures out what. Thank you for that, we'll see how it goes!

cdlogan

Dabbler
Hasn't crashed once in almost two weeks. Thanks for the help!