[Solved] Migrating TrueNAS - Trouble with Network

rakor

Dabbler
Hi there,

I want to migrate my TrueNAS Core, which is running on a HP Microserver to a Provmox VM. I was not sure if the thread sould pe posted to Virtualisation or here, but as I think it is not a vm-specific issue I put it in here. Please move it if I was wrong.

I installed TrueNAS inside the VM, saved the config on the hardware-based-installtion and uploaded the config in the vm. This went all fine.
My problem is that I can not adjust the network settings.

On my hardware-box I had:
NICs: igb0-igb3
LAGG: lagg0 (using igb2 & igb3)
VLANs: vlan10 (using lagg0); vlan90 (using lagg0)
bridges: bridge10 (using vlan10 and having an IP), bridge90 (using vlan90 without IP).

vlan90 ist currently not in use.

The vm has 2 NICs (vtnet0 and vtnet1).

But I can not change the network-setting on the console as everytime I try it the restart of the networking and routing fails.

I can open a shell and activate a interface using:
# sysrc ifconfig_vtnet0="DHCP"
# dhclient vtnet0

And then I can access the GUI using the provided IP.

But in the GUI I can't change the network-settings too. I can change all the stuff I want (remove devices, set settings, etc.), then click the test-button, but there is only the spinning circle telling me to wait. If I refresh the website all settings are set back. I want to adjust all the settings to my wish.

Do you have any hint for me where to look at?
Thanks a lot

Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Perhaps start by sharing the ifconfig output from the VM, maybe there's something that will give a clue to it in that.

rakor

Dabbler
So, now I did a rollback. The system is now installed and the config is uploaded. The system did a reboot. I haven't tinkered at the settings right now to have a clean state.

ifconfig tells me this:
ifconfig1.png

ifconfig2.png

If I select the first Option in the TrueNAS CLI-menu I get:
interfaces.png

When I got the GUI running using ifconfig (as explained in my first post), the gui showed even the igb0-igb3 interfaces.

sretalla