solved - Help w/install: uncorrectable parity error

Status
Not open for further replies.

catnas

Explorer
Please see the attached screenshot below.

This is a new system. I have googled/searched and I have already checked and reattached all SATA cables. I have 4 SATA drives and only 2 SATA cables remaining, so I'm trying to be smart about how I troubleshoot this.

Appreciate any help. Thank you!

Build:
CPU: i3-4170 | Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I | RAM: 16gb Kingston DDR3-1600 ECC | HDD: 4x Seagate ST4000VN000 (URE 1x10^15) | PSU: CX430WM | Case: Fractal Design Node 304

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Last edited:

solarisguy

Guru
Disconnect all the drives and cables.

Try with one cable all the drives on all the SATA ports. Repeat with the next SATA cable.

A SATA cable could have been bad from factory.

P.S.
It is not easy to see your build, as one has to click on a link.

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Your drive numbers are really strange. And what is this sony device? Please re-read the forum rules and provide that information.

solarisguy

Guru
Your drive numbers are really strange. And what is this sony device? Please re-read the forum rules and provide that information.
Yes, numbers are strange and one of his disks is missing (that is probably why his numbers are weird).

His build is in his signature, but one has to click on a link. Not a good way...

Sony appears to be a USB 4GB memory device.

catnas

Explorer
Swapped one of the SATA cables (one was an L/elbow(?) shaped connector, unlike all the others). Seems to have fixed the problem.

thank you all for the rapid responses. I will update my build/signature to conform with forum norms.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Swapped one of the SATA cables (one was an L/elbow(?) shaped connector, unlike all the others). Seems to have fixed the problem.

thank you all for the rapid responses. I will update my build/signature to conform with forum norms.
You don't put your build in your signature you put it in the post with your question. If you don't start reading the rules and stickies you will not have a good time here.

danb35

Hall of Famer
You don't put your build in your signature you put it in the post with your question.
...says the guy with his build in his signature. Yes, signatures don't show in Tapatalk, which IMO is the fault of Tapatalk, but more to the point, it's far from obvious to n00bs, and there's nothing in the forum rules about it.

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
...says the guy with his build in his signature. Yes, signatures don't show in Tapatalk, which IMO is the fault of Tapatalk, but more to the point, it's far from obvious to n00bs, and there's nothing in the forum rules about it.

Yeah, but when you ask for help it's always a good idea to copy-paste from the sig to the post, it only takes a few seconds :)

danb35

Hall of Famer
Sure it is. I was more taking issue with @SweetAndLow's tone in pointing out (and attributing to the rules and stickies) something that just isn't there. Maybe the rules should be updated (or maybe not), but it's hardly reasonable to chide a poster for not doing something that isn't there (and isn't immediately obvious to someone who doesn't use Tapatalk).

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's funny, I was about to quote the forum rules advising people to not rely on their sigs when asking for help, but that passage seems to be gone. I could swear the forum rules did mention that bit of advice.

Bidule0hm

Yep, I can swear the same too.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
signatures don't show in Tapatalk, which IMO is the fault of Tapatalk
Signatures (among other things) don't show on small screens. It's the fault of the CSS that the forum software delivers to all browsers, in its effort to be mobile-friendly.

EDIT: make your browser window narrower to see it in action, regardless of the device you're using.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's a reasonable compromise.

Since I got a phablet, in landscape, most websites show me a version closer to desktop. For instance, I can see signatures in landscape (I'll have to remember that little detail...), but they're gone as soon as I rotate my phone again.

Bidule0hm

So if I follow this weird logic if I reduce my window enough all the content will be gone because the windows is too small? yeah... no, it's just laziness of the devs...

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
So if I follow this weird logic if I reduce my window enough all the content will be gone because the windows is too small? yeah... no, it's just laziness of the devs...
No, you're supposed to still get the content, but navigation and ancillaries get moved around, suppressed, hidden in hamburger menus (eww), ...

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
suppressed
This is the part that makes the least sense. Not delivering all the content to mobile devices saves on limited bandwidth and data fees, but delivering it and then hiding it, without even including a reveal button, seems perverse.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This is the part that makes the least sense. Not delivering all the content to mobile devices saves on limited bandwidth and data fees, but delivering it and then hiding it, without even including a reveal button, seems perverse.
Yeah, it's an odd situation. I don't really mind, since we're talking about a bit of text.

Status
Not open for further replies.